Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
johnboytoo

Brand: Redwood
Model: 38GK
State: Texas
THOR #439
Not being familiar with which engine/tranny combination you have, I will offer a wild guess based on other towing platforms I've owned...

MOST trannies have a tow/haul mode which is used by some to change the tranny programming a bit to hold a gear a bit longer, and some downshift sooner in the expectation that you are hauling a LOT of weight...

99% of the time I never use it - although the engine braking when it downshifts helps you when stopping...

If the light is on it either means you/or someone pushed the tow button
or less likely there is a problem with the tranny (but typically it blinks if there is a problem and the tranny acts up)...
this is a bad picture I found on the net - but it LOOKS like the stalk has a push button on the end ?!? click on the pic for a closer look...

look on your shift stalk for a switch/button etc... that you can push to toggle tow mode off... (it may be on the end of the stalk)

ah, and on edit, the pic tells me you have a ford chassis, so those are what I have a bit of experience with (having owned about 10 or 20 fords over the years )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4winds.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	58  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum