Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Inverter
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Is your Inverter wired-in before or after the Charge/Converter?
I’m trying to understand the wiring schematic for your mod and how it includes the AirConditioner. Thanks
Factory converter/charger has been disconnected. If it's not it really messes things up. This inverter has them built in.
It's wired pretty direct. Shore and generator in on the in circuit, everything else on the out circuit. It seems to be working. Batteries fluctuate a bit with air conditioning on shore or Gen, I think the inverter taps around to see what's up and adjusts accordingly adding amps or volts and this shows as a draw on the monitor.
The batteries will now, due to the way its hooked up, fill in for the 106v and low amp shore maladies making sure I always have the right voltage. If I'm drawing 16amps on a 15amp circuit, the batteries add an amp+ instead of the shore breaker popping.
That's the way I understand from the propagandists, and that's the way the monitor seems to be showing.
It's all hooked into an automatic generator starter if something goes too wild....
The ags added about 250 more steps in programming.

My very lame and constantly nursed house batteries, happenstancially, did the surface charge dance the very second the inverter was turned on and by the end of a four hour drive did the 9volt, no through power, death. THAT made it where the ac wouldn't run on shore power. We replaced the batteries and all is well. But the way it's hooked up, you get no shore power or Gen power if your house batteries are dead.

The bigger xantrex units do odd things, in a good way. Details are on youtube. The guy with the mountain background screen does a good review of almost every feature.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum