Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 10:56 PM   #25
jbwilli1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 32.1 ACE
State: Texas
THOR #14323
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I'd love to have one, but figure most places we go I couldn't fly much anyway...state parks and such.

And I'd be hesitant to fly over more populated touristy places we'd go to (towns like St Augustine just as an example) just out of courtesy to others (and fear that the more folks fly them the stricter regulations will become). Also I guess I'm a little concerned about flying someplace posted as a no-drone zone but I mistakenly didn't see the sign...

I'm a private pilot but haven't flown much in a long time....getting that view from above with a drone would likely never get old to me.

The air space is not controlled by parks, etc. unless there's some restrictions, different classes of airspace, proximity to airports. So if you're next door that has a sign, no drones allowed, you can't take off from there, but you can fly over. Best to get up higher where folks can't see or hear much, if anything. Just remember to stay under 400 ft, unless the ceiling is lower & if it is you should find another place.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum