Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Inverter
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:16 AM   #8
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I pulled my stock Xantrex 1000 Thor installed at the factory and I installed a Xantrex Freedom XI 2000. Thor had the stock inverter only powering the TV's and I wanted to be able to run the refrigerator, microwave or 5000 BTU auxiliary air conditioner off the batteries.

It works great for my needs. I rewired the inverter circuit like I have my home wired for my portable generator when I lose power.

I added a breaker to the WFCO panel to allow the inverter to backfeed the busbar in the WFCO. Before turning on the Inverter on, I turn all of the breakers off in the WFCO. I then turn on the new breaker to allow power to flow from the inverter to the WFCO panel and then I turn on the breaker for the circuit I want to power.

I also have solar and have been able to run my fridge off the Inverter all day during daylight. I have also run the auxiliary 5000 BTU air conditioner for a couple hours without a problem. The only thing I can't run is the main A/C but without a lot of rewiring I was able to easily make any circuit in the coach available to the Inverter,

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.