Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 11:42 PM   #34
TuckDi

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #8131
We upgraded to the platinum good Sam road side service-it covers any vehicle that my husband or I drive-even if it doesn’t belong to us. Fortunately we have only had to use it for two of our own vehicles. Our motor home broke down in South Carolina on a holiday weekend-the repair facility wouldn’t be open until Tuesday so they towed us into a campground so that we could hookup to water and electric for the weekend—then came back and towed us to the repair facility on Tuesday—the repair facility spent 3 hours looking at our motor home and said they were unable to do the work/since they were unable to fix our problem, there was no charge. My husband did some research and called our roadside service again which towed us about 100 miles to Loves Chevrolet. Loves treated us like royalty-had to order parts and allowed us to hook up to electric and stay in our camper on their grounds. They had breakfast donuts and popcorn at no charge-they had a small theatre and movies we could watch—they had massage chairs available for us to use-they offered to take us anywhere we wanted to go in the area and offered to pick us up when we were done—all of this at no charge. We did have parts and labor charges to pay—they gave us business hats and T-shirt’s at no charge. We were prepared to go to a motel due to holding tank being full and no dump available but the repairs were made just in time so we didn’t have to go to a motel. We were not towing an extra vehicle at the time—that will not happen again. We got on the road and headed home but had another problem when we went to refuel in West Virginia and had to be towed agaiin to another repair facility—we lost quite a lot of our fuel due to an honest mistake at Loves—Loves reimbursed us for the loss—we finally made it home to Ohio and never saw any bills for any of the tows. We decided that we will never be without the good Sam road side assistance—and will never travel again without a toad! The last time we had to be towed was this past year when we were out locally with my husbands ranger truck—called good Sam roadside assistance again and they were able to tow the truck to a local facility for repairs—again the tow was 100% covered. I know this is a long post—but we were treated quite well and have no complaints about our roadside assistance through good Sam.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.