Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 01:16 AM   #5
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I prob should have tried oxidation remover. A few years back when mine started getting bad I tried all sorts of other things though...rubbing compounds, waxes, polishes, random orbit buffers..... I wore myself out on it
nothing really seemed to work all that well.
then I tried the acrylic floor polish trick...scrub it with barkeepers friend...then I added a step of washing with TSP...then many coats of the floor polish. I used some stuff from walmart, lots of folks use something by Zep.
Anyway, the results were jaw dropping...but it didn't last of course.

Later, I sprayed the overcab nose cone with rattle can automotive lacquer (Rustoleum)...took several cans...and sadly I rushed it so didn't do the best of jobs....but it's still looking pretty good after I think 14 months or so.... not "new" but it shines and looks ok

The stickers still look worn and faded, don't think there's any fixing them, but they are shiny at least....

I've been thinking about touching up the front and doing the rest of the rig some day...maybe even learning how to use a proper spray gun.... I just can't seem to make enough time to get anywhere close to that project.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.