Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #8
EarlyRV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Montana
THOR #16625
I received the Togo Roadlink C2 this week and got it setup in my office for now to get it activated and configured. Below are some observations and notes.

- It is very light. Under the dome is mostly empty space.
- The Ethernet port is not in a place that makes any sense at all. The port itself is on a circuit board in the middle of the unit. There is a small hole with a plastic cap, but the hole is partially blocked by a different circuit board.
The hole is not big enough to pass a cable with the end on it. You would need to cut the end off the cable, pass the cable and then put a new end on it. Or, you could either drill a hole or expand the small existing hole. I currently have it sitting here with the dome off. I don't want to do any drilling or cutting until I am sure it is going to work well for me.

- It is fast! Of course this will vary by your location/signal strength, but I am seeing a consistent 40-50Mbps with it just sitting on my desk in my office. Oddly, the speed check part of the Winegard app is showing only 5-10Mbps, but both speedtest.net and fast.com are showing 40-50Mbps.
Keep in mind I am coming from Hughesnet satellite where I am usually throttled and seeing .5 Mbps or my CenturyLink 1.5Mbps DSL.

The setup was pretty easy. I just plugged it into the power converter I linked earlier in the thread and followed the steps in the manual. AT&T says that it is unlimited and nowhere in the literature for the $360/year plan does it mention a 22GB soft cap that I have seen other reviewers talk about. We will see soon enough when my son attaches his XBox to it and finally updates the dozen or so games that our connection was too slow to install before.

Overall, I am super happy with it. Obviously, YMMV with signal strength and speed, but it was a huge upgrade for me. It will save me $85/ month once I drop the Hughesnet connection and then another $45/ month once I am confident enough in the Togo that I can depend on it for work.

I may have over planned. I may just leave it in my office rather than going through the hassle of mounting it outside. Unfortunately, I already bought heavy duty power and Ethernet cables and waterproof connectors.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum