Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #7
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvaction2015 View Post
I have a 17,000 miles and the drivers and passenger seats are flaking/cracking. I called Thor and their response was = Thor provided the material to the company that made the seat covers, the material Thor provided was found to be inferior and they now longer use it, Thor only gives a one (1) warranty, Thor provided a company that I could contact to have new covers made.
This is not right and should not be tolerated. What I mean is, when a company knows they provided an inferior product then need to stand up and reconcile the problem. To deny assisting in correcting demonstrates they feel they have no obligation to the customer.
If anyone else is having an issue with flaking/cracking please post Because I hate to feel I am the only one.
Possibly, Thor will take notice.
Any one that bought a 35 ft and under coach in the 2015-17 time frame has or will have the same problem. Doesn't matter the coach manufacture as "Pleather" type materiel just did not hold up in the RV environment. The trade name Pleather (fake leather) is still made (poly urethane) and used in RVs, but the cheaper substitute pleather (made from poly vinyl chloride) is now only used in home furniture and flake leather apparel where it is not subject the the heat in a RV. When polyurethane is heated to more than 100 F degrees, the volatile plasticizers are driven out and the remaining PVC shrinks and becomes brittle.
Unfortunately the company supplying RV furniture Thor, Tiffin, Jayco, and nearly everyone else, when out of business in 2017 due to the numerous recalls.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum