Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 12:10 AM   #6
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox998 View Post
I could sure use some help. I have a 2019 Thor Chateau. Ever since we purchased it, the engine alternator has not been charging the house batteries. Unfortunately I did not realize this until I ruined the first set of house batteries.

So far I have (1) replaced the house batteries and verified that the shore power and the generator charge the house batteries, (2) verified that the use/store switch does shut off the 12 volt power when I place the switch in the off position, (3) replaced the Isolator Relay Delay by Intellitec which controls the solenoid, (4) replaced the Trumbatta solenoid, and (5) verified that the engine alternator is putting out 14 volts. After all this I still do not have the alternator charging the house batteries.

What am I missing? What should I do next? Is there a fuse somewhere? Whatever the problem is it started at the factory. Anything else I can test?

I appreciate the help.
Since this is a 2019 model, why not take it to the dealer and have them repair it under warranty? I know that it takes time, but it sounds like you have spent quite a bit of time yourself trying to solve the problem. I get fixing little things as taking it back to the dealer could be a pain. Will they cover an RV tech to come out under warranty?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum