Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:13 AM   #5
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBorn1 View Post
Also I know this sounds crazy, however you might check your GFI outlet to see if it’s popped. I had a similar problem with my old Axxera and I checked the store/use switch several times and every breaker at least twice and finally noticed the GFI in the bathroom had popped. I reset it and the power came on to the Axxera. It shouldn’t have anything to do with it but it did.
Yes
The outside TV is connected inside to a hidden GFI outlet
Generally on inside wall directly behind outside TV, hidden by cabinets.
Because it’s on the GFI circuit, the one & only GFI breaker is generally the bathroom outlet which controls the 6-8 GFI outlets.

So, if you have an Inverter that came stock with the Coach, generally the GFI circuit is not connected to the Inverter line and can only be powered via genny or 110 volt shore power.

That is, if you want your outside TV to run off the Inverter you’ll need to add an extension outlet with junction box off the standard outlet line. Then plug in outside TV to the new Inverter powered outlet.

It’s a fairly straight forward process. You just gotta think it thru.

That’s what I did in my Vegas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum