Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 11:19 PM   #1237
nmcmilla

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrhugh View Post
Nancy,
First off congratulations on your trouble shooting skills. There are only two things that will cause the symptoms you described (assuming the wiring wasn’t changed during the battery replacement). The 50AMP 12V breaker or the use/store relay.
The photos show the battery box location on my 2017 Compass 23TR. There is a yellow reset lever on mine. Difficult to see for sure. The use/store relay(Intellitec 01-00055-002) is under the furnace. Could have been a dirty relay contact that just started working again.
I’m dreading the time when all these hidden components start to fail.
Hugh
Thanks, Hugh for your comments and pictures. Afraid it was false hope on my part --it didn't actually charge to a full 4/4 lights while on shore power and today when I checked it --it was down to 2/4 lights. I may have just seen the effect of idling the engine.
I have just booked an appointment mid-Oct at a local RV repair shop (my dealership was booking appointments for December;-(
Now I'm thinking about trying to maintaining the house batteries with a trickle charger so I will post that question to the full forum. Nancy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum