Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 01:10 AM   #4
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by dand View Post
We bought a used 2019 Thor Freedom Elite 22HE. When going through orientation at CW, we noticed the Cummins Onan generator cover did not have enough clearance to completely remove cover. I can only tilt cover up and slide to the right. Makes it hard to fill the oil. It seems as if the generator was mounted too close to the frame of the RV so that the cover cannot slide off. I've looked at it since I got it home and cannot see any way of moving the generator in the box to get more clearance to remove cover? Any one have any suggestions?
We loosen the cover, slide up until the bottom clears the generator, then let it drop down and remove it from under the RV.

We fought it until we discovered this trick. Once on the ground, it is easy to maneuver to slide it out from under the coach..

Of course, may not work for you, and your mileage may vary...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.