Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 02:02 PM   #19
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi Nancy, I missed your comments about the accidental spark situation. Depending on what touched where it can blow fuses or trip DC breakers, but since your coach batteries power the converter DC fuse panel OK (based on your descriptions), I am pretty sure the reverse protection fuses on the converter are OK also. It is not unusual to get a small spark even when hooking up coach batteries correctly initially, especially if you have an inverter in the coach; or if the use/store was left "on" before coach battery changes were made.
I am not familiar with the Gemini control panel, but I think the old Thor units were/are made by Ventline. Are you getting any lights on the control panel at all, or is the problem just that the battery “low” light is coming on when you press test in all power situations except when engine is running....and then is it "full" battery lights?

If the control panel lights work normally for tank levels and other system checks then possibly there is a problem with the battery sense portion of the cct board inside the control panel. I would guess that the Ventline control panel has a direct battery and ground connection from the converter fuse panel (or similar) to power its internal cct board......but the various sensing inputs would have their own inputs into the cct board.

It is always a good idea to buy a cheap digital multimeter; ......using the voltmeter and measuring voltage across batteries under the various coach charging conditions would help teach you what is normal and when something is not right (hopefully before you get stranded somewhere). There are lots of Utube videos on how to use a multimeter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum