Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: front end wear
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
CEustice

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #12237
front end wear

This is just an FYI for you guys Just got my @)!* Thor Chateau 31W back from the alignment shop. I noticed on my last trip that my left front tire seemed to be wearing out on the inside edge. Since the rig was due for an oil change anyway, I asked the dealer to check the alignment. when I picked up the rig, Dealer said their alignment equipment wasn't big enough to take on my motor home, and they'd recommend Champion Alignment in Elgin, Illinois.

I went to Champion, who did an alignment check,and told me that alignment was so far out that it was dangerous to drive ( camber out 7/16 inch plus, and horribly pigeon-toed, my words) . they did an alignment to commercial specs, and had to replace both front tires, using B.F. Goodrich radial TA's, since they wouldn't recommend Hankook's. Everything works great, now, but I really hate to be out the nearly $800 it cost me. I'm kinda ticked at both Ford and Thor for doing a lousy job of setup on the chassis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.