Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
Jevad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 30D
State: New Jersey
THOR #13701
Class C Generator Exhaust re-routing?

Hi there, I have a 30' Class C, and have my Gene exhaust pipe drag on some pavement/driveways (including my own). I would like to see if I can re-route it so it doesnt sit 5-6 inches below the frame and sidewall.

I have a Thor Four Winds 30D with the onboard ONAN Generator mounted on the front drivers side cabinet. This mounting location has the exhaust right in the middle of the wheelbase, making it the lowest point when going over a "hump". The Exhaust for the Gene drops straight down, turns parallel and routes below the frame towards front and out the side right behind the Drivers door. I've had to create a ramp just to try and drive in and out of my driveway so it doesnt drag.

- Has anyone re-routed their exhaust on their Class C for similar purposes/reasons?

- Has anyone routed their Exhaust THROUGH their coach wall (like on a boat)?

- Has anyone redirected their exhaust instead of straight down FROM the generator - through a new hole in the Generator frame so it comes out sideways?

Here is a picture or 2 of what I'm looking at.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2784.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	20367

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2790.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	20368

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum