Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 01:53 AM   #3
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary d View Post
Traveling from NY to Denver to pick up family. Would like a nice route seeing Arches Kodachrome Bryce and then to Zion. Wondering the easiest and nice places to stay. Any advice is great Thanks
If you are heading west from Denver..Hiway 50 is a bit south for you even tho that area is our favorite in Colorado.
If you don't mind the interstate again...I70 west will get you to Grand Junction.and from there you can go to Moab..Canyonlands..Capitol Reef and into Bryce...then on to Zion...and if you go south to Las Vegas...you can go to Valley of Fire.
Moab/Arches has some nice campgrounds..Bryce as well...
I am sure other forum members can give you many recommendations....

If you decide to go south to hiway 50...and across...you will see some beautiful Colorado country...and if you stay south through Durango then west you will enter Utah in the southwest corner..and drive through Monument Valley...if you go to Page AZ where the dam for Lake Powell is..there is a very nice Tribal owned campground on the lake. From the NW corner of Utah you can easily drive up to Moab/Arches and go from there.

If you have time...order a Utah State Map from the Chamber of Commerce...or purchase a Rand McNally Atlas..it is indispensable on a trip like this. We have a Garmin RV & my tablet for Google maps...but the Atlas is dogeared from constant use !!

Have fun ! YOU WILL LOVE COLORADO, UTAH, ARIZONA, NM, NEVADA AND MORE !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.