Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 02:19 AM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Today during Thor's live stream of the dealer open house while doing a walkthrough of the the new Sequence 20K they mentioned that the Sequence line now has a Lithium option which ditches the generator for two "5500Watt" Lithium Ion batteries and an extra 200 amp alternator on the engine for charging. In addition to that they said the main engine has an autostart (similar to the ones for generators) when the batteries get low. (Also included is 190watts of solar.)

I'm guessing they mean 5.5kWh batteries for 11kWh total.

Very interesting, here is the video:

You can find a bit more information on the lithium system in this thread:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...tem-19127.html

The alternator was mentioned as a 280-Amp unit, but charging at a realistic 200A is probably more like it. The mentioned 160A charging from Inverter/Charger is good info to have.

I’m interested in this system, so had done a little research. My guess is that the batteries are something like these 400 Ah units rated at 5.5 kWh each. I’m mostly wondering what this lithium option may add to total cost. No doubt 11 kWh of battery capacity can run most things for many hours, including the air conditioner, but if it’s in range of $20k like Winnebago’s Travato, that’s a bit much. We’ll have to see on lithium pricing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0994C0C3-8BB9-4114-927B-E7578EE5D341.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	20465  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.