Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 02:55 AM   #1
lal22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Ohio
THOR #14952
Terrible Experience Today!

Today I attempted to wash and wax our ACE. I had bought something specifically for RVs and Campers. I read the directions very carefully, including checking the weather, because it was not supposed to get rained on for ar least 12 hours. You hook up the garden hose to the sprayer, turn it on and I proceeded to spray the entire rig. To my horror the cleaner dried on the rig and now it looks as though we dipped the entire rig in a bucket of milk and the milk dried in streaks and spots. I have included a few pics so you can all see my terrible mistake. It wouldn't come off with rinsing or rubbing with my hand. My beautiful ACE gelcoat ruined! I just started bawling. My DH came out about that time and you could not have picked his jaw off the ground with a forklift. I called the customer care number, couldnt get thru for like 45 min, my feeling of terror was escalating because I thought maybe it was a defunct company. I finally got thru to another division who promised to have someone call me. Another 30 min passed, no call and I was panicking since it is Friday and 4:30 was approaching. I got a call from the nicest, caring customer care person I have ever talked to. She request a bunch of info and had me send pics of the rig, bottle of cleaner and receipt. She stated that the company will pay for a detailer to come to my house and detail the entire rig. She asked that i contact someone in our area and set it up. They have a specific detailing procedure they want done, pics sent by the detailer before/after they finish the job. It was then I was able to breathe half normally. I do not want to name the product at this time. Only after everything is detailed and done as to not jeopardize my position getting it cleaned up.

I am sharing at this time because I have HINDSIGHT.... DO NOT USE ANY THING ON THE FINISH OF YOUR RV UNLESS YOU TEST IT FIRST IN AN INCONSPICUOUS SPOT!!!!! I am heartbroken I did something so damn foolish and fear it will never be the same even with a detailing job. I am praying it will look beautiful again. My DH wants to kill me, but has somehow restrained himself. I can't even go outside and look in the direction of the rig without crying. See for yourself in the pics I have posted. What a horrible lesson to learn. If I had bought a car wash/wax product I wouldn't think about testing it first....... but RV is a different animal altogether. Live and Learn (the hard way today for me). This too shall pass, but not for a while. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190927_160451.jpeg
Views:	570
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	20530Click image for larger version

Name:	20190927_160424.jpeg
Views:	571
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	20531Click image for larger version

Name:	20190927_161055.jpeg
Views:	476
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	20532

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.