Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Garmin RV 780
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 11:02 PM   #18
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
We bought the Garmin RV 780. It arrived last night. Messing with it today, it is routing me to parkways which is a no-no for RVs. We assumed this unit would route us to acceptable roads. What am I missing?
I've had the 770 take me down some cow paths. Only combine google maps for interstates. Most google routes assume a traditional automobile and don't account for length, height, width and weight. Those that have used it that way might have just been lucky? There's also satellite and that can help but when you have 6-7hrs of driving in front of you, it's tough to evaluate the route in satellite view in the usual 'campground' connection.

Set preferences. It does help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum