Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 02:42 AM   #14
SamABQ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: New Mexico
THOR #5342
I too had a problem with the double sliding doors banging back and forth. The upper slide track was fine, but the 2 lower brackets came loose because the screws pulled out and broke a piece of wood out by the groove in the bottom of one door. It was not difficult to take the doors down by rotating a little lever attaching the door to the hanger on the slide track. There are 2 on each door. I glued the broken piece back in the door and used longer screws inserted at an angle into the door. I used a backer plate to add some beef to the thin plywood on the wall and then screwed the other bracket to the wall. The doors were a little heavy, but I managed to hang them by myself with some blocks and shims to support them. It took some care to get the bracket on one door into the groove in the other door. I left one screw out of the wall bracket until I hung the doors so I could rotate the bracket into the grove of the door. Then I put in the other screw. All is well now.
Incidentally, the pillow solution works great. Use it quickly to minimize damage.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.