Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #4
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm going to use this thread as a way for me to get an education because I am just absolutely not understanding the discontent with water heaters.

I need to know, and I'm dead serious, how someone concerned with water usage doesn't put a pitcher under the faucet to catch the three quarts(this is twice the maximum amount in my experience. Insert your own number here) of cold water that comes out, and, after collecting however much is deemed worth the effort, POUR IT BACK INTO THE FRESH WATER TANK(or put it in the ice maker, or give it to the dog, insert your own scene here) . I'd do it. It seems practical.

Potentially thousands of dollars and, if truthful with yourself, no difference in the volume of the cold water stored in the supply lines...or buy a pitcher.
My house has a hot water circulation pump. It doesn't affect the farthest shower. It's three gallons to get hot water there. The three gallons go to the birds or gets put back in the cistern, so I might be predisposed to a solution outside of a tank change.

I'm not bashing the op, I'm trying to figure out if I am dead wrong and should change my tankless to a tank, spend the money and be happier.

I must be way way off in my contention and am willing to learn.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.