Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 12:09 AM   #11
samven

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
I have the Garmin RV 760 w/backup camera. The camera is a must have and the GPS is very good at getting and keeping a sat lock but you do have to review the route and do not turn on avoid U turns. I just got back from an 8000 mile western tour and on several occasions the unit send me on a 4 or 5 mile square because it did not know I was in a truck stop parking lot and I had avoid U turns on. I finally figured out what it was doing and turned the U turn off and everything went fine after that.
I would suggest a nonslip sand bag dash mount for it in the RV. It can be hard to reach when mounted on the windshield and the bag mount lets you just pick it up and put it on the floor to hide it. Mine has the lifetime traffic but I found that to be fairly useless as it cannot connect to a transmitter anywhere but in large cities and I avoid large down town areas in the RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum