Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 03:35 PM   #12
Davie200

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #15962
They changed a wiring harness and while out test driving light came on again with same code. They have regen twice. They are now trying to contact Cummins for help. This after changing sensors. Where would the short be?? Tech also uploaded updates which it was two behind. Still no help. I now have home taking it to dealer to fix windshield problem. Its hard getting someone out to fix and that's the day so I have to take it there. Up the road from there is a Cummins service center. I'm going up there to chat while repair is being done. If need be I'll stop with home to see what can be done. Its just a sad state of affairs all around. I'm leaving for the south friday and need home fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
I have not had a chance to look up the fault codes yet, but if freightliner is involved they are a cummins dealer and should be able to get it fixed right.

I see these kinds of problems everyday it is what I do 5 days a week and I am a cat tech ( certified aftertreatment tech) on both cummins and Detroit engines, and trucks get towed in about 3-4 every week mostly from aftertreatment issue's and is very rare for it to be the owner or drivers fault unless they run out of def fluid or put something else in it besides def fluid or ignored a parked regen request, so being that it is a freightliner chassis 80% are from faulty wiring straight out of the factory like improper routing of wires to wires zip tied to tight and rub on the frame.

But in your case it could be a few things either a wiring issue,or even a plugged air filter will cause excessive soot, as will a stuck open egr valve, but since yours is brand new and they have changed the soot sensor 3 times my bet is a wiring issue.

spn means suspect parameter number
fmi means falure mode indicator

spn is basically the part that failed, and fmi is the fault mode I.E open circuit,low voltage, or not plausible my favorite and that means no matter what scenario you run that engine through you cannot achieve the reading its seeing.

good luck let me know how it goes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.