Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:58 PM   #3
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20td06 View Post
2016 Thor Palazzo 36.1.

1. While plugged into shore power, with the switch on "USE", and the rig having solar power, after about a week or so,the coach says low battery voltage before starting. It is able to start, but I don't understand why it would be low voltage if plugged in and trickle charging by solar? I keep my inverter off, but I'm even told if I leave it on it automatically shuts off if connected to shore power. The SOLAR is really only to trickle charge the HOUSE battery bank, I believe, so no, it won't do anything for your CHASSIS battery, if that's what you are referring to as 'low'. WHERE are you seeing this 'low' indicator? ALso, the INVERTER would not effect the Chassis battery.

2. After 3-5 days, the airbags completely deflate and the Brake Air light warning buzzes when starting the rig. Once the tanks fill everything stabilizes and the light goes off. Reading other threads, this is normal right? From my searches, I believe every coach is different, but airbags usually deflate over an extended period of time. I usually set my air suspension on "Auto". Some coaches have bags that do deflate over time. Question, why are you keeping them inflated while parked? Pull the manual bag control to the 'LOWER' position, which deflates the bags when you park, AND it gives you a lower stance so that your LEVELERS don't have to travel as far to level the coach, and it provides a better foundation against movement when you are inside moving around.

3. When traveling, I don't believe I have an auto gen start button, or does the generator automatically start when the house batteries are low? We haven't taken the rig on our first trip yet, so I'm trying to get as much info as I can before our first outing. The AGS is a powerful and important tool in your 'dry camping' and 'traveling' and YES, you certainly DO have one - if you have your Magnum control panel above the door, like I do, press the AGS button. This takes you into the AGS's main control panel - choose 'ENABLE' to allow the AGS to then crank the generator automatically, when it reaches the settings you will enter next, either VOLTAGE(battery level), or TEMP(to power the a/c unit(s). Use a combination of the AGS button, and the Scroll Wheel to find the VOLTAGE or TEMP setting. Ask more questions on your next post if you need help figuring out these settings. Don't worry, you won't be able to figure all this out the first trip, it takes time, sometimes MANY trips!

4. Has anyone replaced the headlight bulbs and/or housings with something better. I am not really a fan of putting an HID/LED kit in a halogen housing. I would prefer to have a proper HID/LED projector retrofit in there. Same goes with the tail lights. I believe they are Chevy Suburban Tails? Has anyone swapped them out for aftermarket LED tail lights? Nope, all mine are the originals, and I, personally, don't see the need to change anything...but that's just me - 100,000+ miles and no problems. I also don't drive at night, much, so no worries!

I just picked up my first tow dolly. A newer ACME EZE tow. I plan to tow my 2008 Sienna since I usually travel with 7 people. It can pull that easily, but just make sure you understand that 'just because' the hitch might be a 10,000lb rated model, it does NOT mean that your coach is designed to pull that much. Have the coach weighed at a CAT station, fully loaded with water, fuel, stuff, and people, and subtract that from the GVCWR to get your 'weight' you can tow, including the tow dolly's weight as well.

Anyway any insight would be appreciated, I have a little bit of knowledge with travel trailers, but these DP's have systems I never used before. Thanks in advance. and you will APPRECIATE these 'new' systems - the Palazzo can go anywhere and do anything - and the high capacity INVERTER and AGS and 4 6v House battery bank will suffice for almost ANY situation you can encounter!

enjoy!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.