Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 01:12 AM   #82
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
A major source of minor discontent was an intermittent squeak from the front end. Very loud, like sway bar bushing loud and seemed to follow the sway bar movements.
It took a while to find it.

The kydex plastic grained texture frame that surrounds the radiator and holds the opening end of the ac vent tubes was rubbing in the upper right corner. You'll know if yours is rubbing due to a shiny spot on the offending metal. Mine was a tiny spot, 1/4" in diameter.

Fixed the air leaks between the kydex and the radiator frame by using foam tape. It'll be covered with aluminum angle when I finish the shroud.

I'm working on a full front shroud that ties the radiator to the grille opening disallowing air into the fender wells from the grill.

Screwed the top of the kydex to the radiator frame while I was in there. It flopped like a fish, now it doesn't. Required a special tool to get in there. It's the first pic showing two screws I now have, and didn't before

Picture is the tool I used to access the hatefully tight places with flathead #2 self tappers.
The tool is a shortened version of one with the same head at a big box store.

Middle pic is sideways. Rotate 90 clockwise. It's the upper right, passenger side, of the kydex frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1007191753.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	20717   Click image for larger version

Name:	1007191701.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	20718  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1007191751.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	20719  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum