Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:08 AM   #1296
Dennis123

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TK
State: Indiana
THOR #10919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coveman2 View Post
This will be the first year I have not removed the coach batteries and my plan is to plug it in once a week for a day and charge the batteries but will check them for water level every month and top up if needed. I would also not run an electric heater but do also run a smart charger for the chassis batteries.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
I left my shore power plugged in all winter with the battery switch on to keep the battery charged. I just used a 20 to 30 amp adapter as the converter does not pull very much current. Just do not run the air conditioner while hooked up to the 20 amp standard house circuit. Other than that, ran the engine and generator once a month, for their health not the batteries, avoiding doing it on the very cold, below zero days. As far as heat, I would be concerned about the mice looking for some warmth. Can't believe its that time of the year again. Seems like I was just de-winterizing it yesterday. May be able to squeeze in one more trip or two before the temperature requires winterizing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum