Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #11
RVwithDogs

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #15887
Thanks Everyone,
My fears have subsided.. I test drove an older unit with 40,000 miles on it just to what it was like. Wow, just like driving a big car ! Had to walk away from it because CW was being hard to deal with regarding the previous service history. This was a 2014 v6 and the only previous history they would provide was done at 38,000 miles (oil and fuel filter) and the check engine light was on. They kept telling me thats not a problem because the Sprinter only needed service at 20,000. I called Mercedes in Knoxville (where that unit had been serviced) and had a good talk with the service office who let me know real fast that CW was mistaken, service intervals have changed. For 2013 it was 10,000 then 2014 was changed to 15,000 then anything starting in 2015 is the 20,000. Granted, the engine may be fine and I am sure there may be lots of folks who prolong service trips without any harm but i just wasn't comfortable. Oh well, there will be others to look at..
Some good news for those Sprinter owners in and around Asheville NC. I was talking with the Service department at Mercedes Asheville (who presently can not service Sprinter RVs) and they are building a new facility which will have Sprinter Bays , they say should be ready in 9 or 10 months..
Current coach: Itasca Navion IQ 24V
Former coach: Thor 22FE
RVwithDogs is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum