Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Diana&Kerry

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27
State: Texas
THOR #15289
How do you get to the bypass valves on the Thor Windsport 27L

This may be here somewhere on the forum.

We are newbies at this.

How do you get to the fresh water valves on a 2016 Thor Windsport 27 L? There is a screen panel in the bedroom at the bottom of the dresser, and I can see the valves but I can’t reach them. The drawer above them has a solid bottom, and the drawer to one side has a small access hole in which I can reach them but I can’t see where my hand is when I have it on the valves.

There is an expanded metal screen ( what you would use on a bbq pit) in front of the valves. Does this screen come out and can you put it back in afterwards? I am tempted to remove the screen and replace it with a panel.

The water heater access panel has star screws on them and I need to make another trip to the hardware store to pick up a set.

I will try and post photos later.

The other problem is the electric water heater isn’t working. I haven’t tried the propane.

I also had the rotten egg smell. It is caused by water sitting too long. I used 2 quarts of peroxide from HEB, a 1/2 full fresh water tank, and flushed all of the outlets until the smell went away.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum