Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
safari

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: compass 23tw
State: California
THOR #7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
We just bought this new Outlaw and while inspecting it at the dealer I noticed that the kitchen sink drained very slow and the p-trap is installed right up against the bottom of the sink such that the water level sits at the strainer in the bottom of the sink. When I say slow, I mean that a quart of water takes about 20 seconds to drain when it should take about 5 seconds. The mechanic didn't think it was a big deal and I figured that I could fix it so I let it slide. At first, I thought there was not enough drop to the p-trap and I would just lower the p-trap (I am a general contractor). Unfortunately, there is not enough room to lower the p-trap. I removed the AAV and inspected it. The AAV is not defective (I also tried a new AAV just to make sure), and without the AAV installed the drain flows as it should. This tells me that water in the drain is developing pressure in the drain line instead of a vacuum which is preventing the AAV from opening. I am assuming that this may be happening because there is no vent on the grey water tank itself. However, I tested the sink drain with the grey water tank drain valve open and it was still slow draining. I would think this relieved any pressure but maybe not for some reason? The tank is very oddly shaped with a large flat section that stretches over under the kitchen sink. I confirmed that there are no blockages between the sink and the top of the grey water tank. Most people would say that I should just take it in for the dealer to fix under warranty, but I fix things for a living and I generally don't trust other people to fix things for me unless it is my last resort. By the way, we went on our first camping trip and everything else is working good, except for the low ground clearance, so I have a 6" lift kit ordered.

Hello Handy, When you check for blockage was that also from the AAV down the pipe.
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.