Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #84
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The liners will allow me to put lots of insulation behind them between the tire and the front seats.
It will also keep debris and hate and discontent from being thrown into dark recesses against the body.

The radiator work is to funnel air where it should go instead of raising a hellish noise as it tries to find its way out of the open wheel well and back buffer against the hood and front fenders.
It might be $150 and 15 hours in vain, but I find no one has posted about either modification in a way that their words have much value, so... I'm going to do it, it'll work or won't, and we'll all have an example and numbers and facts to decide if it had value.

The fender wells are me considering functionality of fender wells, and except for MotorHomes, they are put on even the lowly yaris and Yugo. The radiator is speculation on my part based on almost every vehicle having a radiator shroud...except some class a.

The punchline is:
I used to be a fairly renowned restorer of cars. I don't do that anymore and have no interest in the slightest. So the modification of the MotorHome is sparking some old and forgotten slightly fun things that I used to do.
The difference between MotorHome and an overly restored seldom to be driven turd is my rv rear defroster switch needn't be canted by 3° to make it proof the vehicle was built in Van Nuys instead of Michigan. I think the front fender wells are from a silverado, the heavy Guage steel rears(hopefully they will contain a tire blowout so it doesn't burst a full black tank) are from a 1967 Pontiac Executive...I'm loving that.

We absolutely positively STOLE the 24.1. The money put aside for the unit will pay for fuel and mods for a lifetime.

I get the best of all worlds:

The Floorplan I wanted but wasn't talented or educated enough to know of.

An entry level vehicle that I won't financially slay myself by adding 4wd and other silliness.

A new, and for now, semi-interesting hobby-esque involvement in a spin off of old dead passions.

So much for someone pretty bored and jaded to learn.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum