Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 08:13 PM   #8
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I recently encountered a bad experience with a deal falling through on a 2019 27B Windsport due to quality issues that the dealer could not commit to resolve.

Following some advice, I took my Thor blinders off and went to look at some other options for similar coaches.

The Baysport was obviously the better coach quality wise, but it lacks what I seek in fun or excitement. No outside TV, only 1 AC, no outdoor kitchen, no Firefly Controller or equivalent, the TV is in the cockpit of coach or on that Televator option so if up no window, or if down no TV, not to mention $25k more; so it is just not for me. I could buy a bad 27B and fix everything wrong for a lot less than that.

This brings me to Winnebago. I am now looking at Vista 29VE. Scattershooting a few thoughts and questions about what I have seen learned thus far.

General questions

1. Will I get booted off this site if I buy a Winnebago? If allowed to stay, is it a wink wink yes you can stay type response.
2. Is there a Winnebago forum like this?

Questions about Vista 29VE

1. About how much would it cost to add a Automatic Generator Starter? Not only is there no AGS, but no gauges to show voltage for Chassis or House batteries
2. I didn't see HDMI Switcher or DVD player? Can you hookup one Roku box in cabinets and direct it to one or all of the TVs in the coach? There is coax cable to all of the TVs now so maybe you can send a DVD /Roku signal through it without HDMI?
3. Anyone go from a coach that had dimming lights capability to a coach that only had switches? The firefly on 27B has that master light off and dimming. I kind of likes dimming light to give the coach atmosphere.
4. Anyone know of the automotive finish they taut for new 29VE? It looks really shiny and glossy. It is not regular gel coat and not full body paint. It will not glaze or powder from what the dealer said
5. No windshield fans? Is that relevant or not? I have never owned a coach so I don't think I would miss, but since it is in 27B is it a loss or is it possible Winnebago has defrost system in this coach and do not need?

Any thoughts appreciated.

I traded my 2017 Freedom Elite for a 2017 Winnebago 29VE. I had the Winnebago for about 8 months before trading it straight up on a 2016 Fleetwood Storm 32V. Finally figured out what we wanted and now am very happy. This wonderful forum has not seemed to object to my wandering. And much of its value is universal and highly applicable. My Winnebago was a 2017 so maybe newer are different but in ours the dash radio was connected to the TVs for playing DVDs. It was certainly not a high end player but it did the job. I did not miss windshield fans but they’d be easy to add if you’re sure they would clear the drop down bed. My inside lights were very bright LEDs with no dimmer. It might have been nice but I never gave it a thought. Mine seemed to have a normal gel coat finish and, in fact, was beginning to show some fading as it was approaching it’s second birthday. I did have a few more quality issues with the Winnebago than I did with the Thor but none required any dealer or warranty work. I also had several leaks that my Thor and my Fleetwood haven’t experienced but that may just have been my unit. I think Winnebago generally has a better reputation than Thor and I’d rate them about the same based on my experience. Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.