Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #14
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always a Hawkeye! View Post
You guys are good!
Hubby home and I climbed back through window and unscrewed back plate.
The internal metal piece that pulls the latch bolt out of the door is broken in half. When you pull the door handle, it cannot engage the latch bolt to pull it out of door opening.
There was a company name (TriMark) listed on door hardware so we’re calling for parts now.
Question: I assume we have to order the whole front door latch component, correct? It’s $40 cheaper on Amazon and wondered if any of you have ordered from Amazon or directly from TriMark?
It would be nice just to order the broken metal and plastic piece but my husband doesn’t think this is an option, correct?
Thanks for your continued help!

I would be very careful ordering this door lock form anyone (including Trimark) without first ensuring that the new latch is steel and not pot metal like your OEM part. I have read that many people replaced their OEM trimark door locks with replacements that turned out to be equipped with the pot metal latch. If you call Trimark specify the part with steel latch that will directly replace your OEM broken lock. Trimark may ask for their stamped numbers on your old part(s).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.