Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:01 PM   #6
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstopMiami View Post
This weekends project..... Acoustic and thermal insulation for the doghouse. Fairly easy project that took about an hour or so with good results in both sound and temperature control. I might still do some work above the wheel wells(under the captains chairs) depending on how this performs after our next road trip.
That’s a great mod. I did something similar in my 2017 Miramar. I used Boom Mat which can be purchased online. I did two layers of it under the doghouse and 1 layer underneath the entire front cabin and in the engine bay underneath the dashboard by the front window. Additionally, I removed the plastic dashboard cover and computer work station and then stuffed cotton insulation (made of shredded blue jeans) inside there before replacing the covers. Lastly, I designed some front wheel well liners and had them made by a sheet metal shop. I had them completely LineX’d and then installed them myself. A world of difference afterward.
I think my next mod for the cabin noise will be to make a 2-1/2” high raised, foam insulated, carpeted floor atop the existing cabin floor under the seats to the firewall. Also, I’m toying with the idea of making another subframe that fits under the doghouse that can be thermo acoustically insulated as well. Good luck with your mods.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum