Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
I tried all that and you can’t disassemble it with the door closed because you can’t get at the assembly. I cut the pin off and then duct taped the two parts together. When it came apart the pin reset itself and fell into the right place. Hopefully this will get me through the rest of the trip. If someone would have been in the bathroom they would have been locked in until I could find a saw somewhere or else I would have had to demolish the door. She would have been a very unhappy camper.

This won’t be an easy fix if I have to take door off because there are about 25 screws holding it to the doorframe.
I'd just take the pin out and come up with a different mechanism to keep the door closed and open.

On our 24.1 the pin still engages but doesn't hold strong enough to keep the door closed while driving down the road. My solution was to get some super strong magnetic drawer catches (Amazon) and hang them off the ceiling:
Click image for larger version

Name:	axisbathroomlatch.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	20801

(You may want to go with the less strong versions: The door stays closed on the road but the family complains that its too hard to open the door (and when you do its kind of loud--a little distracting for those midnight bathroom runs) ! LOL)

If/when our pin finally goes I'll likely add another one to hold the door in the open position--although I'll use a weaker version since we don't keep the door open on the road.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum