Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: oil fill cap
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #19
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Antf76,

If you think adding oil is a challenge (some of us hate to cut holes in our RV) don't wait until you need to change the engine battery like I did. I got my battery changed at an RV center without asking enough questions as to how it would be done. When I picked up the unit I had a bit of sticker shock over $500 (most for the time needed to do the cut out).
DocMike

DocMike,

Cant speak for your 2016 because I have a 2017 but the hole is precut from the factory on mine. All you have to do is cut two small wood strips 3/8 inch wide and use an exacto knife to cut the paper tape than holds it in place. Putting it back requires a little more creativity since you have to use a couple of wood strips to hold it in place.

Everyone needs to do this I think to check the water in the battery at least once a year and clean the cables on the terminals. Also if you do this Walmart or the car parts places will replace the battery at no charge if you remove the cover yourself. Takes about 5 minutes.

The other way is to remove the right front tire, the plastic fender splash panel (held by 3 screws) and remove the battery that way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum