Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Enough.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
My brother has that Splinter with Mercedes Chassis by Midwest RV. It is very nice and I was surprised he pulled the trigger on it. He had a few issues as well, but for the most he had no issue with the dealer. It basically is a Custom Van. In fact, he brings it to my place to keep things going and some of the workings that he don't care to drill down to.

With that said, and as nice as it is. It is too small for us by a mile. I chauffeured my daughter and about 7 of hers friends on Prom night all over Dallas. I was up to 5:00AM. They got a kick of it as they had 4 different venues to attend. It was pretty much sit somewhere and be still; or one person moving at a time. IThey didn't care they just wanted to get to where they were going,

The Thor Quality issues that I have seen from brand new units has just not settled well for me. I did my usual anal review in a Winneabago 29VE. I only found 1 thing to add to a punch list if I were to buy and it was very minor. The door under dinette bench that covered breakers/fuses would fall off too easily.

Now the cost / benefit question. It cost $12k more than the Thor 27B. But if I go by the MSRP value alone, it is only $5k more for the Winnebago. I get all things can fixed, but I really don't want a new anything having to spend 2 years or so fixing stuff. I just want an RV for the few times that I do use; it works like it is suppose; to and if it does not, a dealer that cares to help fix.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum