Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
THAT'S an SAT question.

Chevrolet is to Thor as Cadillac is to______
A Thor
B prevost
C if it were Buick instead of Chevy the answer would be Tiffin.
D all vehicles are the same no matter the price or expectation.

I'm not being mean, I'm not understanding what you mean by more expensive. Your 24.1 could have been more expensive had you ordered the seats. A Prevost could have been less expensive I hadn't ordered the ostrich leather ceiling.
You bought yours as the absolute base model.
Rv's are presented to us as cars used to be. Ever see 'body by fisher' on a gm product?
You ordered a gm minimum, not even a body, and added to it as you saw fit.
Even the new corvette has seats you can upgrade, even the headliner if you like, even the color of the brake calipers... Just the same options you had when you sitting with the finance/paperwork guy upon purchase. The very same options. A store and internet full of anything you could dream of. But you didn't buy the upgrade model seats.

My question was:
If they loaded your 24.1 up to $225,000 would you have bought it?
Or
Would you have bought it empty to save $3,000 and have no furnishings?

Personally I'd love to have had an engine choice. I didn't. I'll modify this one until I'm happy. I think 'happy' should be the plan. Happy with what I have, happy to change it to suit. I'm just glad it had a base engine to improve upon.

Sssooo many posters here find something, in some cases anything, to be unhappy or perturbed about. I've asked before, why not sell it and find the real one you want or modify the mistake you made until you're comfortable. I get
crickets.
(I'm just trying to understand all the constant Thor hashing when the dealer would have gladly added ANY item you wanted to the base model Thor)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum