Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #16
Billr580

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Nearly everyone on this forum has had their share of issues but most are worked out by the first year. Dealers put your new coach in line behind too many others and it may be weeks before your coach ever sees a technician. All this time your warranty is clicking away. Best to make an appointment for a month or six weeks before the warranty expires, use the rig as much as possible adding to a repair list. You will be able to identify more items or insure that there are no more items for repair.

As far as running gear I would never go to Thor. Ford has done a very good job in that department. You will likely need a Ford Truck Center for most issues. And you won't wait weeks to get it in. I do understand Ford readily works on Class C's and B's but some issues with Class A's are grey areas as to who is responsible.
Something to watch, Ford has "truck" centers and "heavy" truck centers. Your Class A will only be addressed in a "heavy" truck center. In my area there is only one and they won't make an appointment, it is literally first come, first serve which is pretty crappy of Ford. I took mine over with what I thought was an appointment and was told I'd have to leave it for at least 3 days, just to get checked out. When I asked them why I couldn't make an appointment just to get it done, I was told "truckers" pay cash and are way more profitable than warranty work on my RV. NICE TO KNOW.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum