Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #57
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
The rams are angled because of the brackets they bolt to are. Now, if the footpad is properly angled to contact the ground properly, mine are..... now..... But my new style front cylinders are leaking, or I have a valve leaking internally, but since I have 2 hoses weeping, I really don't care if the whole unit crashes down and rolls down a mountain.
You should do the test to see if you jacks are bypassing, bad. This is how Lippert told me how to test that.

1. Retract the slides and all on the landing gear, like your getting ready to travel.
2. Remove an orange hydraulic hose off of the jack that you want to test, only one at a time. there should be no fluid coming out of the line when you remove it. I was told a drop or two is acceptable.
3. Then go to retract that jack. Hold it for a second or two. I would do this under the retract front or retract rear function. If fluid comes out of the line, your jack is bypassing.
CAUTION: point the line away from you. As I had one SPRAY a lot of fluid out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.