Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 02:55 AM   #5
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleflier View Post
I had this happen twice. First time I called number on my ins card ,they sent me to another company tht does MH windows. She told me there was a $550.00 copay. I told her I paid for full coverage and got nowhere with her. When I got home I called number on my ins policy and all was taken care of both times. Check your policy and call reps there. Also the window and frame need to be ordered and it took weeks, I had to travel some and leave it for 4 days. The weight of window requires extra time for sealers to cure. I hope you have full coverage.Windshield costs in thousands.
I found out how expensive when a rock hit the lower
middle of the windshield and it cracked, I called safelite and they told me they don't do class a motorhomes but gave me a number for a business in my town who will do them.
I called them and he said the windshield alone was 4000.00 so I called my insurance company and they ended up calling the same company but it only cost my deductible of 500.00 and took 3 month's to get it from thor as I told them I only wanted the factory windshield and not aftermarket because aftermarkets are not as thick as the oem and are prone to leaking,
and it was a shame motorhome sat for 3 months but due to there mistakes in ordering it they didn't make me pay the difference between aftermarket and oem and just had to leave it for 2 days.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum