Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #38
DocMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Wow,

Visited the Safe-T-Plus Plant in Austell, Ga 30168 (1230 Six Flags Road, Building C) this past Friday to purchase the Safe-T-Plus Steering Control and have it installed. They are a great group of people, from Sarah on the phone (800-872-7233) to Samantha (who came and rescued us when we got lost) to technicians who installed the unit...even the manager Bryan who came over and talked with us during the installation.

Once the unit was installed two of the techs took me on a shake-down adjustment ride, we made two stops for "tweaking" the steering; now it tracks straight, true and effortless...even over one tire potholes, irregular asphalt and those "bumps" from height differences between bridge edges to asphalt (the ones in construcion zones).

I learned alot about the product, different sizes for different RV's and heavy trucks. The Vegas required the Model No. 31-140, the 140 references the 140 lbs of pressure the internal spring dampner is set at.

On the way home from Ga, HWY 129/441 and US-I85 I had to be sure to use Cruise Control because the steering was so smooth I got a little bit lead footed just "going with the flow" and looked down and I was doing 80mph!!!

By going to the factory the installation is at NO CHARGE! Best $500.00 I have spent so far on upgrades.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.