Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 02:50 AM   #5
Sonny

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: M29 Windsport
State: California
THOR #17124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
There are five wires used in the controller to motor cable (the sixth wire purple is not used). One is the 12 volt power that powers the Hall effect sensor (brown) and another is the sensor ground (green) and a third is the Hall effect data signal (blue). The brown wire has come intact with a ground in the coach. The cable is in a chase on the inside edge of the coach next to the slide. The chase ends at the upper and lower gears. I assume the extra length of the cable has come loose from the chase and is rubbing on the gear's track grounding the wire out. Of course the are other places where the cable has worn through grounding the sensor's power.
Hi Beau388,
This issue was given to Lippert a d tbe tech rep said to pull the motor plugs and ohm out the brown hall sensor wire and if there is continuity with the chassis then it is shorted as displayed by the 9 blinking lights. She also had me make sure the green wire was grounded. I did this and all checked ok. On other blogs Thor and LCI recomended contoller changes, motor changes and harness chNgex without help. Today i spoke to Thor Tech Service and the acknowledged the issue and has recommended i go into a junction box under the coach just fwd of the gen and reattach the controller 18 gauge wires since they are common to both slide controllers. Thanks for your input everything helps

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum