Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 03:59 AM   #1
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Arrow Thousand Trails BEWARE

I posted this in the camping section on the forum, but I know that a lot of the DRV owners don’t look out of this section.
YAY!! We finally got our two weeks at Thousand Trails San Francisco RV Resort. We arrived on Friday 10/25. The power pedestal was taped up stating out of order. The other one was to far for my plug to reach. We got that resolved by using the out of order one. As someone drove off with there 30 amp plug still plugged in. So the 50 amp receptacle was not broken and still attached.

Then PGE cut the power off on Saturday 10/26 at 7pm. Because the power is off, all of the amenities are closed and locked up. The campground becomes just a parking lot. The power was off for two days. The power came back on Monday 10/28 about 2pm. Now it looks like the power is going to be cut again tonight, Tuesday 10/29. More then likely will be out again for 2 days or more. I struggled being unplugged as I do not have a generator and have a residential fridge. I ran my truck for 6 hours trying to keep a charge on my batteries. My battery voltage went down to 11.8v. So the thought of being out again was not a good thing.
I went to the office to see if I could leave today before the power went off. They said sure but we can not refund you for the remainder of the 10 days left on your reservation (have stayed for 4 days, two with out power). I completely understand that they have no control over the power outage due to high winds and neither do I.
I then called Thousand Trails, they said once I was checked in there was nothing that they could do about it. She even asked a supervisor and Spoke to the Manager at this park.
I then called Equity Life Style, they own Encore and Thousand Trails. There number was on the notice, now two of them that have been taped to my rig. After he spoke to his supervisor, he said that I need to speak to there customer service. I left a message and have not heard from them. I think it is CRAZY that they will not let me leave because they do not have power and refund me for the rest of my days. I hope they step up and do the right thing. As I feel that I am trying to be proactive. So if they hold to this, I will never buy another zone pass or Trails collection or even a membership from them. And I will share this story so people do not experience what I have. I know that I am only talking about a $224.00 refund above my membership, but it is the principle. I’m not even asking for a discount on the days that the Campground was just a parking lot.
I will let you know if anything changes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum