Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #9
nautiquecowboy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
just replaced my chassis battery today.

I have religiously disconnected both batteries for years with switches on the posts and never had an issue
except more lately we've been going longer times between trips and they self discharge down a bit too much. I added 100 Watts of solar and now keep the house topped off, the post switch is now left closed but the use/store switch still gets put into "store" mode. Works well.

Then recently I decided to add a Trik L Start system... and for it to charge the chassis battery I leave the chassis post switch closed. Sadly, I've learned that the trik l start needs 13 V at the house battery to think it's receiving a charge, otherwise nothing goes to the chassis battery....and my house battery seems to be floating around 12.7 V....so in a month or so I now had a very dead chassis battery...and since it was very dead it would no longer even take a charge...not that I would have trusted it long even if it had taken a charge...I've learned the hard way these things don't like to be discharged

(and just for comic relief...with the RV battery in the back of my pick-up this morning, planning on swinging by the store today to get a new one...I go out this morning to a dead truck battery too! It was getting old and a bit slow to turn over so not a big surprise...but still, two batteries for me today
strange would say that seems like the same thing happens to me as one battery goes dead seems like they all do.Wife's car my truck seems like they all talk to each other and decide to quit at the same time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.