Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Actually, the 2019 E series is not on the supported vehicle list for the HPtuner either!
I can't guarantee it obviously but I'm betting it will work fine on your chassis. They haven't changed much on the '16-up E350's- E450's and I know it works fine on the 2017 and 2018 builds. If you get it and it isn't supported, most likely all you'd have to do is email them your VIN and OS numbers and they'd be able to add support for it since the main OS is probably one they already support.

There is another factor with spending the money the right way first instead of trying to save a buck... If you bought the $150 thing or something similar, when you're done with it or if it doesn't work, it's pretty much useless. If you buy the HPTuners hardware, it will always be worth money. There are always guys out there looking to buy them used to save a few bucks. Here's a way you can calibrate your speedo properly AND even do some tune changes for pretty cheap...

Spend the $400 on HPTuners. Calibrate your speedo and anything else you want to do. Then put the HPTuners hardware up for sale and you'd probably get an easy $200, maybe even $250 back out of it. ($100 of the initial $400 is for the license to be able to edit your particular vehicle. So the hardware without any tune licenses is actually $300.) Total cost would end up being $150 or $200. Personally I'd just figure the $400 was part of the price of getting tires that won't leave you stranded with constant blowouts and just keep the HPTuners hardware for when you need to diagnose any engine or trans issues down the road.

BTW you did the right thing by changing those tires. That was a VERY smart move and it will definitely save you from blowouts on the junk undersized stock tires.

Also BTW, I get absolutely NOTHING from trying to "sell" HPTuners hardware. lol. I'm simply trying to help you solve your problem without you having to kick yourself by wasting time or money in the wrong direction.

And ANOTHER BTW, there is a totally free way to "fix" your problem too. You can make the speedo itself read properly by simply moving the needle. The needles pull off with steady, even pressure and can be moved and pushed gently back on without issues. Obviously the downside to that is it does nothing for your odometer or ECM being off a little. Bang for the buck, it's a totally acceptable solution though.

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum