Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 02:45 PM   #7
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’ve occasionally had one or two tires off the ground without problems but I really try to avoid it. If it happens I’ll typically put appropriate LEGO blocks under the problem wheels and level again. I usually put the same number of blocks under the appropriate jack so it doesn’t need to extend quite so far. The reason is not so much that the jacks can’t support the load as that they are not designed to withstand any lateral load - especially at full extension. Having the tires touching the ground provides that sideways stability. I was parked in a campground with not very level sites and river rock pads. A fellow a few spaces over had his older Coachman Class A fall off his levelers sideways. Bent both front jacks and the front leaf spring. Of course he couldn’t retract the bent jacks and he was still stuck when we left. So while it’s a small risk on a paved site it’s also easily avoided.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum