Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
That went really well.
I'm going to suggest something we are getting ready to carry full time:

A tube of hand operable (like a toothpaste tube) silicone adhesive.
A hot glue gun.

Both will cure the little rattles and loose trim we always forget about once we've returned home.

The hot glue gun also cures big rattles and will form parts and plugs and fill gaps as needed.

So.
Do think you got lucky?
Or
Did you do a congressional hearing style PDI?
Or
Is your unit indicative of the good quality of those coaches?
Or
Are you an old hand at rv's and are ignoring the things you can live with?

I ask because your trip was about as trouble free of shakedown as I've ever read about.
No, I do not think we got lucky. We did a comprehensive walk through (PDI) on the coach and there are a few items that have already been reported for warranty repair and are awaiting parts. These include a mud flap, bed prop, bed trim panel and electric cord reel.

One thing I did not report on was the awning. When I tried extending the awning at the RV Park it would not extend. I believe the awning arms were getting stuck due to being tight and from lack of use. When we got back home and I was verifying my list for talking to the dealer the awning extended and retracted multiple times without issue.

I will say that IMO the quality of this coach is greater than when we bought the Challenger and I thought the quality on that coach was relatively good. On the Challenger's shakedown we did have a slide issue which required a Thor authorized mobile tech.

We have been RV'ing for quite some time, however, I believe when it comes to a new RV purchase we do not overlook anything, big or small. The DW and myself were slightly amazed at how well the trip went because it was also the first good tow we got in on the Jeep after the InvisiBrake issues. We were able to get out and enjoy the weekend rather than fix things that we found during the shakedown.

I would recommend anyone in search of a 37 foot motor home to look at the Accolade or Seneca Super C. I believe Jayco is doing a pretty good job putting these things together and the Freightliner S2RV chassis so far is great.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum