Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #16
LateSixtiesGuy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24FE
State: Michigan
THOR #17140
Unhappy motorhome

Bob et al, I will definately check with the AG and see how does Magnuson - Moss work in Michigan. The MH is at the dealer now, he offered for me to trade it in as used, I refused immediately. I bought a brand new machine, expected it to work, and expect them to give me refund or a new coach. The dealer is on the hook here I believe.
Yes, I have learned that RV quality is exceptionally poor. If I had known they were like this, I never would have bought one. I used to work for Slikcraft / Tiara, and we made boats that cost as much or more than these MHs. The factory had a large pool and before the boat left the plant we tested EVERYTHING. If something was wrong, it was fixed before it left the plant. Mr Slikkers insisted upon good quality stuff, his name was on the boat. Apparently, none of the RV makers have this attitude. I have spoken in campgrounds to people who spent 3 or 4 times what I did, Class A diesel pushers, and they have the same troubles.
The big show stopper issue is the slide. We have been parked with the slide in, and parked with the slide out, and had heavy rains. No trouble. But when DRIVEN in the rain, we had standing water on the floor when we stopped and put the slide out. The Mrs' purse, on the floor behind the pilot seat, was soaked. It was after the water incident that we began to have trouble with the slide. We fear that the slide is waterlogged or the wall is water damaged. It may well have to go back to the factory. Thats only acouple of hours, but where are we supposed to live in the meantime ? The first dealer to look ( Seattle Washington), thought to whole slide would have to come out and the driverside wall of the house get rebuilt. They (Seattle ) thought some seals were missing. That sounds like a factory defect to me.

As a side question, what are Isata MHs like ? We saw a few of those out traveling about and they looked nicer than what we have.

And am I supposed to write to Thor ? To whom does one send what ? LSG

Arrv, why can't you return a car with 7500 miles on it ? If it were defective, the mileage isn't my problem. It would seem thats the dealers / manufaturers problem. A warranty doesn't expire as you drive off the lot.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum