Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #5
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Dave: We love our 2015 Vegas 24.1. It's the perfect size for my wife & I and the 15 lb. dog. We've put almost 4,000 miles on it since we picked it up and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We have had no problems with any systems and find the fit and finish to be very good.

My first advice to you is to thoroughly research your dealer's SERVICE reputation. There are lots of dealer's who might give you a good price deal -- but you don't want to deal with a dealer where it takes 3 or 4 trips to get the same problem adequately repaired. Also, it your dealer is hundreds of miles away that's a long wag to go to get warranty service -- especially if they don't get the repair right. There are several threads on the forum of owners having expended hundreds of miles to get simple problems fixed. Additionally, our dealer did an extensive preparation prior to our arrival for the PDI. Any fit and finish problem they found they had repaired before our arrival. They had even pulled out all the drawers and vacuumed up all the left over sawdust, screws, bits & pieces, including under the both bed platforms.

We had a great PDI with our dealer (General RV of Tampa) and only found 4 minor problems that were fixed on the spot. Our PDI took about 3 hours and the dealer explained everything and ensured all the systems were working properly. They had washed and waxed the unit before the PDI. They also Rain-Xed the windshield. The coach had a full tank of gas and the propane tank was full. When we checked out the system operations, they checked the refrig on AC and gas. They ensured the heater lit and blew hot air (even though it was 87 degrees the day we did the PDI. They operated the sink, shower, outside shower and vanity on both water pump and park water. They also ensured the systems operated off shore power, battery, and the generator.

I had negotiated an out-the-door price. When we finished the PDI and went in to sign the paperwork there were no price surprises. The price list had the discounted base price, document fee ($299), state tax, FL license/title/plate fee.

I chose General RV over several other large RV dealerships in the Tampa area (Camping World, Lazydays) because they are the largest family owned dealership in the US. They have about 15 locations (several in Michigan). But again, I chose them because of the high grades I found in owner reviews regarding their service.

One unique feature they have is a drive-up, first-come-first-serve service line. If you need an oil change or have warranty work that won't need parts if you get there before they open they can take you in and have you out in less than 2 hours. I'm going over Monday morning for two warrantee items (broken drawer catch and bottom rivet in the engine cover hinge is sheared) and also generator oil change. I had already talked to them and they said they can fix it right away in the drive in line. I've seen some threads in the forum with owners having to wait weeks if not months to get some pretty simple and minor repairs.

This wound up longer than I had intended. Good luck -- and remember dealer service needs to be a really high priority on your list.

Ed
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum