Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 01:35 PM   #19
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Originally all Axis and Vegas were on E-350, keeping in mind original floorplans were smaller and lighter than some that followed.

The temporary switch to E-450 was due to emissions requirements. However, by the time some went back to E-350, larger and heavier floorplans had been introduced on E-450 that had to stay on E-450.

As far as I recall, the 27.7 floorplan has never been on E-350. The smaller and lighter 24.1 can be switched back and forth from E-350 to E-450, but I seriously doubt the larger and heavier units with two slides or full-wall slide will ever be built on E-350.

Because E-350 and E-450 chassis are essentially identical with only minor differences, I suppose it’s possible some could get interchanged by mistake. Not saying they have been mixed up, just that it’s not hard to imagine it happening.
I had one of the first Vegas 24.1s in 2014 and it was in a 350 chassis. When I was full of water, fuel and supplies for a long trip (like to Alaska and back) I was right on 12,500 lbs. That did not make me comfortable on some of the rough roads in Canada and Alaska, but I felt I needed to keep my fuel and water tanks full. On the AlCan while I knew exactly where the next gas station was, it did not always have fuel when I got there. The E-450 on my 2016 Axis gives me 2000 extra lbs to work with. I would not buy another E-350 Axis or Vegas,

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.